EMDK For .Net 2.0 Bluetopia SDK StackPAN Sample Instructions

// Expert user has replied.
K Kenneth Ryan 3 years 4 months ago
0 1 0

1. 3:16 11.19 2. 3 Day 3. MC75 4. BSP 21 5) 1775414 Do we have any solid idea how to use the StackPAN sample to connect from lets say a MC75 to a LAPTOP? I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to make this sample work.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

D David Meyer

I have connected StackSPP using BTExplorer on another device as a server, but the instructions should apply if you are using a laptop as the server as well. 0) Service is setup on device running as server, and it is setup to be discoverable and connectable. 1) On device to run as client, click Start > Settings > Connections tab > Wi-Fi (or Network Cards depending on what the icon says) 2) Select Bluetooth Network Driver 3) Setup IP address as desired. 4) Open StackPAN 5) Click Setup > Port > BTS6 6) Click Initialize button 7) Click Devices > Start Inquiry 8) In left box above buttons, select the BD Address of the server 9) Click Open Client button 10) In the PAN Open Remote Ser... dialog, set Local Service Type to PANU, and Remote Service Type you may have to try different settings depending on your server's config.  Start with PANU, then try NAP if PANU didn't work, etc. 11) Press OK 12) In a second or two, the connection should open and the address of the server should show up in the right box above the buttons. 13) You are now connected.  Assuming IP address worked properly, you should be able to ping and perform any network activities. To disconnect: 1) Select the BD Address of the server from the box on the right above the buttons. 2) Click Close Client button. To clean up PAN profile after disconnecting: 1) Click Cleanup.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?