MSP Linux version?

// Expert user has replied.
C Chris Matheson 3 years 4 months ago
0 3 0

I have a customer doing extensive PCI work and looking for detailed info on each and every product of ours that they use. Can anyone tell me what version of Linux we use on MSP Appliance v2.9? I know we use Debian but not sure what build. Thanks, Chris

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

L Larry Dykes

version information: GNU/Linux 2.6.10-5-686-smp   #1 SMP if your customer is trying to please PCI they should move to MSP 3.2, as it offers a significant security improvement, esp. in the area of file transer. MSP 2.x uses only FTP, but MSP 3.x gives the option of using FTP over TLS, which requires authentication of the client before login is allowed, and a further option of authentication of the server by the client as well.

C Chris Matheson

Thanks and agree 100%,  but they need to look at current and future and they currently have 2 x MSP Enterprise Appliances that will take a little while to migrate to v3.2.

A Alexandre Silva

Chris On my old MSP 2.9 Enterprise Appliance: root@symbolmsp:~ # cat /etc/issue Ubuntu 5.04 "Hoary Hedgehog" \n \l and root@symbolmsp:~ # uname -a Linux symbolmsp 2.6.10-5-686-smp #1 SMP Tue Apr 5 12:41:40 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?