Need to disable Phone on MC75x6

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 4 months ago
0 6 0

10:55/05-15-2009 3day MC7506 WM6.1 1886008 I received this request: One of our Business Partners would like to know is that a way to totally disable the WWAN (phone) on MC7506? They can not accept registry value as this is not safe where user can remove the registry from the unit via ActiveSync. What user want is basically make the unit to batch mode. Is that a way we can remove the RIL file or disable the phone? As far as I know the RIL cannot be removed. But if SIM is not installed, and the Phone is turned off via Wireless Manager, it will not turn on on warm or cold boot. So my recommendation would be to use Appcenter to prevent end users from accessing options to turn Phone on. I am looking for any other options I may be overlooking> o

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

H Howard Laser

Understood. Thanks.

H Herbert De Jong

I have a way to prevent Phone to be used ( and still GPRS available ) But it is not a supported solution according to George i am afraid. have a look at attached document it still works on WM61 as well.

H Howard Laser

Thanks Herbert, can you attach the cab file?

G George Dellaratta

As Herbert said, this is not supported.  Be sure that the customer knows that.

G George Dellaratta

Any software or configuration change will be un-doable if the user can ActiveSync to the device.  So, no there is no other method. Maybe they should consider an MC55?  There are nonWAN versions of that terminal.

H Howard Laser

Thanks, George.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?