MSP v3.2.1 and killing processes

J Jamie Craig 3 years 4 months ago
0 4 0

I have a customer that wants to kill some running programs when they dock a MC75 into an ethernet cradle. They have created a condition and are using the ProcessManager Control Module to kick off the kill command of the process when the device is docked. It all works OK except for one of the processes has a space in the name. No matter what we try (single quotes, double quotes) it kicks back an error message. I am opening a support request on it but was wondering if anyone else had used the control module and had similar experiences? MSP reports the following in the log file:  - LOG  - 2009-06-22 14:48:10 WRN Package install failed: [Control.ProcessManager] [-841] [-2147483642]  - 2009-06-22 14:48:10 WRN Error[-841]: Install command error [-2147483642]  - 2009-06-22 14:48:10 WRN Job complete: 98 [-841]  - COMPLETE 062209144811 -841  - Error[-841]: Install command error [-2147483642]

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

J Jamie Craig

Support have provided the ProcessManager_v1.3 and it has fixed the problems. So probably best we all upgrade...

A Andrew Knight

By the way, if you are using MSP 3.2.1, you should use Process Manager version 1.4, which is included with 3.2.1.

A Andrew Knight

I tested this on an MC75 device in our lab and was not able to reproduce the problem described. I loaded the Monitor package and the ProcessManager package on the device. I then started a test app on the device named Simple App.exe and made sure the task manager showed a process of the same name in the list. I then deployed a bundle containing a ProcessManager setting to the device using an MSP Action. When the package was installed on the device, the process was sucessfully terminated and the job was listed as completed in MSP. I have attached a screen shot of the ProcessManager setting I used. What is the exact name of the process you are trying to kill?

J Jamie Craig

Thanks Andrew, I've sent you the app via email.
There are two apps in question that were both written for WM5 rather than 6.

Not sure if that's an issue but it seems to be a common thread.

The install is not the issue but the killing of both of these programs is.

The two apps are Premier Handheld.exe and wmimgvwr.exe.

Other .Net 3.5 applications are OK and have no problems being shutdown using exactly the same methodology.

It has me scratching my head as I've done exactly as you have with the ProcessManager control module and setting.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?