BT state after warm boot

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoav Gottreich 3 years 5 months ago
0 7 0

Customer wants to change the default behavior of BT power after warm boot.

Currently BT state after warm boot is off and would like it to be on.

I didn’t find proper API for this.

Adding registry key under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State] failed as well.

Any ideas?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

C Clayton Moore

I was given the attached files from support some time back.  I have them working on an MC70 running WM6.1.  If you copy the files into /Application, Merge the registry file, then warm boot, BT will turn on after approximately 5 seconds. Clayton

K Khazi-Syed Taheer Ahmed

There is no registry to enable Bluetooth Explorer after warm boot. User will have write application that will leverage SS BT power APIs and place the application in startup folder to enable BTE after warm boot.
Taheer

D David Meyer

Hi Clayton, That attachment was an application and some settings to make the file run at boot time.  It is the same idea as what Taheer was suggesting.  You will need to ensure that whoever wrote this used the proper API based on what BT stack you are using (i.e. follow Taheer's posting). -Dave

K Khazi-Syed Taheer Ahmed

BthSetMode is a MS Bluetooth stack API and it is officially not supported for SS stack. User need to use OEMGetBthPowerState and OEMSetBthPowerState APIs to get and set the state of BT radio for SS stack.

Attached is the sample application to enable /disable BTE for SS stack.

Taheer

Y Yoav Gottreich

Thanks. Do you know about any registry key change for light users (just presale example no application yet)?

D David Meyer

There is no registry key to change the initial power state.  The way Taheer suggested is the only way to do it.

E Efkan YILMAZ

The API BthSetMode() should allow you to set the Bluetooth mode MS/SS1 stack. I expect there will be a reg setting to allow you to set the initial power state

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?