MC3090 - Custom Hex Images Not Installing

// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sobel 3 years 5 months ago
9 1 0

TA - David Jones Customer - Macy's Case - 2060775 MC3090 - BSP 6.30 TA reflashed device to BSP 6.30 Installing Fusion Cab file 16R successfully on device. TA is pulling the Application and Platform folder off device and using TCM , compressing to Hex image.  (DCP1-7fails.zip) TA added these custom hex images to OSUpdate package installation never completes, device keeps rebooting .. Told TA not recommeneded, persist cab file to install on cold boot but TA wants to get this to work. Told TA we do not support this method in Tech Support but will see if ECRT can make a determination of what issue is.  (package attached). Below is TA's email. "I am the SE working the Macy's account and they have just purchased more MC3090's with end of year money.  These MC3090's came with DCP 1.8 and their application is certified on DCP 1.7.  In a effort to help them go backwards to DCP 1.7 I was going to build a gold image for them.  That gold image was to contain DCP 1.7 with the latest Fusion 16R and their custom application.  I am trying to take the build in steps and so far have created a DCP 1.7 version with the Fusion 16R CAB file in the application directory. 

My next step was to expand that CAB file which worked successfully and the device was on Fusion 16R.  Without configuring any WLAN parameters I pulled the full \Application and the full \Platform directories.  I then used those to but a DCP 1.7 version with TCM which should be a OS image containing DCP 1.7 with Fusion 16R installed.

The problem I'm having is that putting those files on a SD card and running the update fails.  It APPEARS to fail in the load of Platform but there is no specific error message it simply goes back to a cold boot.  Attached you will find in a zip file all the items you need to put on a SD card to see the OS load failure.

NOTE:

per our conversation it appears the Fusion CAB file is only installing in \Application and \Platform and even if it does change registry settings on the device those would have to be maintained via a .reg file since I am installing on MC3090 CE OS and therefore the device always cold boots on a battery pull.  This means that even if not exactly recommended I should be able to build a DCP 1.7 OS with the Fusion 16R already installed." I used Remcapture before to capture a baseline then installed the fusion cab and took the difference. There seems to be files that gets installed to the windows folder that I believe is the reason for this process failing (see attached txt file that shows differences ,,, (fusion cab install differences.txt)).. I question is could this be the only reason the process is failing and would a copy file work to place these files in the windows folder in time of installation?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

G George Dellaratta

ECRT is not going to troubleshoot why an unsupported mechanism doesn't work.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?