ES400 reseting continuously

// Expert user has replied.
J Jamie Craig 3 years 5 months ago
39 5 0

Hey Guys,

I've got an ES400 here (on charge) that continually resets itself. It vibrates for a second then you get the boot screen for a couple of seconds and then it cycles again over and over. 

I've tried it with the battery out on charge and it does the same thing.

Any ideas on how to get over this?

Thanks,

JC

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

J Jamie Craig

I upgraded to 16.2 and this allowed me to leave the device on charge without constantly rebooting. Good as a bought one now.

Thank you all for the help!

R Robert Galvin

Latest build is 16.2: http://compass.mot.com/go/es400bsp16.2 Make sure you install OS and CPLD. Also make sure you don't have an EV Terminal. EV's are useless right now and should be returned to the product team. EV terminals and batteries are have grey labels.

J Jamie Craig

I've downloaded v16.2 and attempted to upload via SDcard.

These are the steps I performed:

- removed the battery for a minute, which is completely dead, as the device will not power up without the charger plugged in

- put the SDcard in with all of the BSP files in the root of the SDcard

- Replaced the battery and plugged the charger in to the device whilst holding in the camera button

- Without pressing the power switch the device starts booting and shows the following screen:

MOTOROLA

OS Re-boot !
Enter Image Update Mode !

CPLD v12.6
IAC ver.100504-EI-0200WWE-150-320505-23103

It then goes back into it's reboot cycle without performing the flash update.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

JC

G Glenn Sayer

JC, I have also seen this.  If you leave the es400 plugged in an it will stop rebooting once it gets enough of a charge.  Sounds like a bug.

A Afshin Mansoorieh

there was an issue with older OS where if the battery went lower that a certain limit, the unit could not detect it, hence would not charge it and would constantly reboot. OS version 16 and up fixed that.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?