AP7181 Product Manager

// Expert user has replied.
F Fred Randt 3 years 5 months ago
1 6 0

Who is the product manager for the AP7181?  I need to speak to him or her as soon as possible for a large opertunity.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

A Alarico De Zotti

I'm working on a big metropolitan project involving AP-7181, first of all the AP-7181 ( more or less same firmware of a 7131) has a limitation on the maximum mobile units (127) that can be associates, so you need to consider how many MU you must support at the same time in the single AP7181 coverage area ( I worked also on some football stadium coverage). If less of 50/60 MU x AP you can go easly with a 7181 doing a simple area coverage site survey otherwise you need to work with microcell lowering down the power ouput of the AP7181 (his coverage is 25% higher of a 7131 with same power output) to substain more mobile units. Think also that supporting B/G MU's lower down the bit rates also of N MU's, plus consider also the SNR that should be above 15-20 in the area of coverage (AP7181 can increase the coverage but the drawback is that also SNR goes down and give large coverage area with only  2 Mb data rates). Cheers Alarico

H Henrich Hofbauer
F Fred Randt

Can anyone tell me how many simultaneous conntection the AP7181 can handle?  We have a site where there will be 1,000 people access the internet, requiring high bandwidth and need to figure out how many AP7181s would be required to handle the load.  Most of the AP7181s will also be in a MESH.

J John Eveleth

Hi Fred, the AP7181 part of the Wireless Broadband Solutions division and not Enterprise WLAN.  You should contact support for the AP7181 at 1 866-961-9288.

Sanjoy is the PM just for the 7131.

J John Eveleth

They also have their own forum you could submit questions to as well...

http://motorola.wirelessbroadbandsupport.com/support/community/

C Chris Frazee

Sanjoy Dey is the product manager for the AP71X1.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?