MCD Model Configuration changes

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
4 3 0

Does anyone know why the Model/SKU numbers of some new devices like the MC3100 and MC9500 no longer follow the scheme defined in the spreadsheet at http://compass.mot.com/go/318524808?  Both the MC9500 and MC3100 use their own unique schemes in the SKU number. Thanks, Ken

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Al Henneborn

Attached please find the MC3100 configurator that is submitted to the Solution Builder team for posting. (This MC3100 configurator version includes the MC3190-Z which is not yet released).  The MCD Terminal configurator no longer has the available characters for new products.  Also attached please find the MC3100 Terminal Configurator in .xls format.  We are now leaving it up to the Product Manager to create their product specific configurator.  I highly recomend signing up for Solution Builder access.

A Al Henneborn

MC3100 configurator is defined in Solution Builder.  The MCD Terminal Configurator you are referring to was not used for the MC3100.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Thanks Al.  I noticed that.  Another Product Manager told me that we were running out of new codes in some of the fields (a single character code can only use A-Z and 0-9).  It's too bad that the product teams couldn't start a new configuration sheet that new MCD devices would follow.  It looks like both the MC3100 and MC9500 are using their own unique product configuration codes, so it's too late for that. When we don't have access to Solution Builder, it's nice to be able to whip out a single spreadsheet that deciphers the SKUs for us.  For quick reference while out with customers, I've taking the current spreadsheet and added an additional tab for the MC3100 and MC9500 (see attached). Ken

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?