ES400 battery life estmates - 1x vs 2x?

// Expert user has replied.
P Pavel Bodjanac 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

Hi all, Has anyone been able to benchmark how long the ES400 would run with a specific defined user profile of parameters (such as phone use, GPS use, BT use, WAN data use, WLAN data use, etc...)? And compare this with the 1x battery versus the 2x battery? With the lack of external spare battery charging capability, this information is missing to help us sell this product and fill in the gap until we can come out with an external spare battery charger. Thanks for your help with this. Paul Bodjanac

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

G Gene Niles

Don, thanks for the feedback All,  I (and I am sure others) would also like to see what type of results people are seeing. There is no single use casse that fits all but the data should be very useful. Due to the potentual sensitivity of some of the results I would suggest possibly a different forum topic or compass site to hold this collective information. If people need help in getting the measurements going, I would be open to a discussion type session to get the ball rolling but I think the doc I referenced does a pretty good job at explaining this. Gene

G Gene Niles

you may want to also give the doc referenced at in the following posting a try  http://devcentral.motorola.com/view/23191/view.aspx It explains how to derive expected battery usage time using emScript's resource Monitoring script. I thiink it would be interesting to see what number you get under any real world measurements. Gene

D Don Khan

In agreement with Gene's approach.  The question is a difficult one and most responses are based on "best guess".  I suggest that you profile the device, inclusive of the desired applications, install eMScript to track the battery usage and deploy for about one week to obtain true operational results.  Based on the results you can suggest the most applicable battery, charging accessories, and regimen to apply to the project. I suggest this for all MCD pilots

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?