CS40 pics and videos

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

Attached are few pics and videos I've been able to capture yesterday. Points of interest: - the chipset is the same as in CN50 thus all advantages and disadvantages. MC65 beats CN50 in SPB benchmarks (1.5-2 times better), should be the same with CS40 - scan engine is really bad in terms of speed and agressiveness. Intermec representatives have been unable to read their own test barcodes sheet! One of the video files shows that after a couple of seconds of rapid scans the unit failed (you'll hear the scan sound changed) and had to be rebooted. To compare there is another video showing MC65 done this fine. The aiming line of CS40 is hardly visible an blinks (another video). It was an engineering sample though so may be improved in the future. - battery reinsertion is not convinient. The latch which should keep the battery in place does not click back by itself - not sure whether it should though - so I had to do this manually and this was annoying - the display is really small - looks small, feels small and is not quite responsive. Comparing to MC55/65 and ES400 - ours MUCH better. - design and ergonomics are fine - at least for me. The unit is feels with a good quality of the housing, fits well into hand, keypad is very convinient to use. Valery

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Valery,  Useful feedback and photos - good job! Looking at the CS40 specs , the other points to highlight vs the ES400/MC65 include: - Display: QVGA resolution vs VGA - Camera: Fixed focus vs auto focus - Weight - still heavier than the ES400 with the 2X battery option - Memory - 512MB flash  vs 1GB i.e. twice as much usable on-board flash on our products - WAN - seems to be positioned as GSM only i.e. no CDMA option mentioned currently - Price - list appears to be more than double that of ES400    Usual Intermec tactic is to include a significant extra product feature which we don't have but in this case they have omitted quite a few - must be a new marketing strategy ;-)  Best Regards, Ian Hatton EMS EMEA

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?