Available wireless networks list on MC75 under WM6.5?

// Expert user has replied.
P Pedro Duarte 3 years 5 months ago
5 5 0

Hi all, I am having a lot of trouble to connect to a wireless router using a MC75 (and also a MC75A) with Windows Mobile 6.5. The Wireless Manager only seems to allow to turn on/off the wireless device. It has no option to view the available wireless networks list. After turning on the wi-fi, it keeps telling me it is 'connecting' to God knows where... I also tried to disable to set the router's wireless the security to none hoping it would connect but no results. The Settings\Connections\Wi-Fi bring us to the Network Adapters where some options can be set for the various adapters (including a Motorola JEDI Wifi Driver...). Also there isn't there any option for browsing for wifi spots. Any hint? Or is there any registry setting I can change to use the standard WM6.5 wifi tools? Thank you Pedro Duarte

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

A Arsen Bandurian

You have 802.11d enabled on the device and the country code of the device does not match country code of the profile/wireless router (maybe, because your router does not support 802.11d). Go to Options->Regulatory, uncheck 802.11d. All this and many more is described in detail in Fusion manual. Download your copy on support.symbol.com today! :) (search for Wireless Fusion)

P Pedro Duarte

Thank you Arsen for the tips. In fact, I did not have the manual. It may help at future issues. BTW: Does the "Click to mark this response as an 'answer' to your question" works from our notification email? It does seems to work...

D David Meyer

The MC75 and MC75A use Fusion/Wireless Companion as the WLAN management.  You can access Fusion's menu through the WM 6.5 today screen by selecting the item that starts with "WiFi".  When you have that item selected, the softkey on the right will say "Fusion Menu", which gives you access to Find WLANs, Wireless Status, etc. You can also access Fusion via Start > Wireless Companion, and then select the appropriate tool (to setup the network, select Wireless Configuration Manager). -Dave

P Pedro Duarte
P Pedro Duarte

Hi, Sorry for the late answer; Change of plans at work planning kept me for going further on this. Thanks for the hint David. I can now scan for any wireless spots. However, I have another problem. I create a profile for the spot I need to connect but there is a warning: "The profile you are trying to connect do may not connect due to regulatory issues". What does this means? best regards

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?