MC50 Imager vs. MC70 imager scanning

// Expert user has replied.
T Thomas Lewandowski 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

All, We have a healthcare customer that deployed MC50's with Pico imager (MC5040-PK0DBQEA7WR).  They now are deploying MC70's with Pico imager (MC7090-PK0DCQQA9WR).  They use a variety of barcodes on different color backgrounds ranging from light to dark.  Admittedly, some of these are poor quality. They're finding that now with the MC70's with Pico imager they can't scan the barcodes on the dark backgrounds.  The barcodes on lighter backgrounds scan but not well.  These same barcodes were scannable with MC50's with Pico imagers.  We can't understand why an MC50 with Pico imager can scan their barcodes but an MC70 with a Pico imager can't scan the very same barcodes. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

T Thomas Lewandowski

Thanks Roberto.  Unfortunately they've already deployed the MC70's so going to an MC55 is not an option.  We've changed focus as recommended by posts on DevCentral and support but have had no luck. We're sending customer bar code samples to the support center.  Hopefully they can reproduce and recommend a fix. Tom

Y Yusuf Dalal

I think the issue the customer has is because of the poor red LED that is used for illumination on the MC70. I dont know if there is a workaround for it since it would require a hardware change. But that is what i think it is.

T Thomas Lewandowski

Thanks for the input. We took the pixdll.dll from WM 5.0 and tested it on WM 6.1.  It worked much better than the WM 6.1 pixdll.dll.  As a short term solution we're having the customer test and deploy it that way.  Longer term they know they need to fix their barcodes.

R Roberto Mielle

Tom, just to share more info: One year ago i just faced this same problem in the same vertical ... tried to update the firmware, but unfortunately unsuccessful ... my solution: migration to MC55 w/ blockbuster. Rgds RM

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?