GTR8000 utilizing V.24 links

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
26 5 0

I need to quote new GTR8000 repeaters to replace existing Quantars in a circuit based conventional simulcast system with V.24 links.  I understand that V.24 is supported on the conventional GTR8000s, but I need to confirm that the CA01502AA  "ADD: ASTRO25 CONVENTIONAL SIMULCAST SOFTWARE" option covers both IP and V.24 simulcast configurations.  Could someone please confirm this is accurate?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

J Josh Siegle

Re: “I need to quote new GTR8000 repeaters to replace existing Quantars in a circuit based conventional simulcast system with V.24 links.  I understand that V.24 is supported on the conventional GTR8000s, but I need to confirm that the CA01502AA  "ADD: ASTRO25 CONVENTIONAL SIMULCAST SOFTWARE" option covers both IP and V.24 simulcast configurations.  Could someone please confirm this is accurate? “

Josh: Confirmed – that is accurate.

J Josh Siegle
K Kathleen Smolen

The GTR is v.24 & IP capable- no different option needs to be ordered to enable v.24. However note that you must order the conventional software option CA01484AA as well as the CA01502AA simulcast option.

J Jeffrey Faje

I am confused by this answer, and I can't find anything to document exactly how this works. You said, " The GTR is v.24 & IP capable- no different option needs to be ordered to enable v.24. However note that you must order the conventional software option CA01484AA as well as the CA01502AA simulcast option." In one sentence you advised that no different option needs to be ordered, but then listed 2 options that need to be ordered. I can find no product planner for the G series station newer than 7.6, and that one says, " For systems prior to system release ASTRO 25 7.4, each radio had a V.24 connection to the ASTRO-TAC 9600 Comparator. Beginning with system release ASTRO 25 7.4, each base radio uses Ethernet to connect to the GCM 8000 Comparators." But then the section on Transceiever Control says, "Additional connections located behind the Fan Module are an asynchronous port, a synchronous port, and an alignment reference port.  The synchronous port is used for V.24 application.  In future releases, the Asynchronous port will be used primarily for MOSCAD, dial-up modem, and the zone link for a Trunking site repeater system. " So that seems to indicate that the capability is there, but the statment about having to order simulcast is confusing. I'm sure there is data newer than the 7.6 planner, but I can't find it. And what I do have is not clear or comprehensive in describing what the various options actually give you. In my case, I have a customer asking for a GTR replacement to a specific conventional Quantar repeater configuration that they normally order. There are certain options on there that I can't confirm are covered in the standard GTR configuration, or have options at all. Those are: Remote RSS compatibility Repeater Operation (Is this really >$10,000? It's $0 on a conventional Quantar) V.24 interface (Requires other options?) 8 wire wireline interface Advanced wildcard operation 30" indoor cabinet (is any extra hardware required to mount in a cabinet?) Anyone have better information on any of this?

D Douglas Jungers

This is a follow-up/add on to the original question... One of our service shops is currently upgrading the Quantars to GTR8000 stations in a circa 2002 digital conventional V.24 system.  They currently are using Efratom GPS units which don't have the composite 5MHz/1PPS signalling capability.  Is this required for the GTR station, or does it support individual 5MHz and 1PPS ports?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?