Datarate for EAPOL packets

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
24 2 0

Hi all, I'm seeing very often in the last few month 4 Way Handshake Timeouts with a RFS based infrastructure (e.g. RFS4000 and AP300). I have analyzed several WLAN traces and I looks like we are not properly rate scaling the EAPOL packets. Especially on 5 GHz we are sending out all EAPOL packets with 54 MBit/s. Therefore the 4 Way Handshake will fail very often. Has anyone seen this behaviour too? Any secret configurations items or bugfixes? BTW: As a workaround you may disable all the higher datarates and the 4 Way Handshake timeouts are gone... Best regards, Angelo

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Mark Mann

Hi Angelo, I've recently did a RFS4000 on Wing 5.0 with AP650s.  Part of my issues with AES & TKIP has been with B clients.  I had to turn off N Rate and Customize the datarates to accomodate these wireless cards inside a scale using 1, 5.5,11 and to support newer terminals on g supporting 18,24,36,48 &54Mbps.  The last and most important thing I had to do was to set the handshake timeout value to 500 Miliseconds and set tkip-countermeasures hold-time 0.  Still monitor mode but appears to be working much better. Cheers, Mark

A Art Gabriellini

Hi Angelo, The RFS rate usage & scaling algorithm, of which I'm not entirely familiar, should not be the prime area of focus when it comes to handshake timeouts. Depending on the integrated client/supplicant within this WPA WLAN, the rate at which the EAPOL keys are issued (from RFS/AP) to the client (based on the ' dot11i handshake timeout' value), may be coming over too rapidly (i.e.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?