MC65 imager API

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
5 3 0

As there is not a MC65 subcommunity available yet, I'm posting my question to the ES400 community. Today, several business partners reached me with questions about imaging and the ES400/MC65. As I have learned, the Imager API's are not supported within the ES400 and as the MC65 with blockbuster is based on the ES400 hardware, no imager API's are supported. (correct me if I'm wrong) The business partners who are looking at the MC65 have a need for the imager API. On the MC7x/MC95/MC55, we also have had the IMAGER API's available. The applications build by these partners are using the imager data for vehicle license plate recognizion. With no existing imager API's the direct show method needs to be used on the MC65. By doing so, the vehicle license plate recognizion is getting that slow, typing in the license plate number would be faster. To have the MC65 being used by the police department and by the parking ticketing enforcement, we have the need for a fast decoding solution based on imager technology. Do you have examples code available which we can share to demonstrate a fast capturing of an image using the imager? Please advise. Thanks, Raymond

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Hi Rob, My sector is T&L, so all of my customers which eventually could like MC65 are potential image-capturers. BUT right now I have tangiblely this Correos RFP in where we offered both MC65 and MC75 (the current one). Capture application was developed on MC75 using our document capture APIs. And it works. MC65 does not have this feature. Luckily they are not using (for reasons long to explain) it rigth now. I am talking about 9,000 units. If Correos happens to choose MC65 AND they want to use DocCap, we will certainly need this in nanoseconds. So I guess it's better to start having something in advance.

H Herbert De Jong

Hi Raymond,
See here  http://devcentral.mot.com/view/22873/view.aspx

There is a sample code of  scan & capture  which  can do what you require as far as i know with a reasonable speed.

Also out of box the ES400/MC65  has  arcsoft camera app enabled.

And following can be  issue;

if more apps are still active in background  the ES400 runs out of memory very easily and the Arcsoft camera app will not run.

1)      You might want to get the Arcsoft  out of the way  so the Camera API  has more change to run. 2)      You want to change the default behavior of dedicated camera key of ES400 3)      CameraCaptureDialog can be used     

Use the CAMSHV.reg   to  change to normal MS Camera API

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM]

"OEMCAMERACAPTUREDLL"=-

Above regkey will delete the  Arcsoft dll  from being called by  Camera API 

Below  regkey CONTROLS  CAMERA KEY ON ES400

"CameraApp"=\\windows\\pimg.exe

This will add the MS Picture & Video to launch for camera key

"CameraApp"="\\windows\\camera.exe"

This will restore  Arcsoft Camera app for camera key

R Robert Galvin

Folks,

We have a two official GRIPS in for imager API's to be added back to the MC65 (mostly license plate recognition, field service meter reading, etc). As you know the ES400 and MC65 share the same limited API set that does not include Imager usage for taking pictures. Not tragic for an ES400 that does not come with an imager option, but for the MC65 that actually comes with an imager, customers will only be able to use it for half of what it can be used for (barcode scanning).

If you or your teams know of opportunities or customers that would need to take pictures with the imager on the MC65, please let me know:

Customer Name;

Opportunity Size:

Application Usage: Please share information you know of that can help drive this GRIP. Thanks

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?