Error uploading large .apf to MSP (ES400 OS)

// Expert user has replied.
S Stephen Vye 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

Hi All, I am getting an error as attached when uploading my ES400 OS update package to MSP, is it because I need to use OS package Builder instead of the Airbeam Package Builder that comes on the MSP 331 .ISO? I tried creating a package using Airbeam Package Builder that comes with MSP 331, and wondered whether it is because I have not built the ES400 1.19.11 OS update using the Airbeam OS Package Builder (which I don't believe I have a very recent version of). Are there any secrets to builig an OS other than nominating Alternate storage as \Temp for the available memory check? Cheers Steve Vye

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

T Tom Mountjoy

By default IIS has a file size limit that is smaller than the large files used in the ES400 OS update packages.  You can get around this by copying the APF manually onto the MSP server. From the OPB manual under OSUPdate Package Builder Tips: Assuming that MSP is installed in the default location, the newly created package may be placed in the C:\Program Files\Motorola MSP\PackagesToInstall folder of the MSP server.

S Stephen Vye

Thanks for your reply Tom, but how does MSP recognise the package once I've copied the .apf file into that location (how can I include it into a Bundle)? The ES400 OSupdate from Support Central is a zip that uses StartUpdLdr.exe and it has a Modem update included. If I try and use OSUdate Package Builder to build the ver1.19.11 .apf file I require, there is no way to select the .smb file for the modem update or the .jbc for the CPLD update. If I use the standalone Airbeam Package Builder, I can specify all files as download and include an Install command of \Temp\StartUpdLdr.exe but the 140MB file can not be imported into MSP. Am I off track with the Airbeam Package and what about the OSUpdate PB method, thought there would be a way to choose Modem and CPLD files when choosing Magneto. Cheers Steve Vye

T Tom Mountjoy

1) MSP will load the package from the PackagesToInstall folder.  The APF will actually be removed by MSP once the folder has been loaded.  At that point it will appear in your list of packages as if you loaded it from the MSP UI and you may include it in a bundle. 2)If you are creating an OSUpdate package, you should be using OSUpdate Package Builer version 1.56. available here:   http://support.symbol.com/support/product/AirBEAMBeta.html . When creating the ES400 OS package you will use the files include the files from the Zip file you received.  To create the package, include all desired files.  NOTE:  In earlier versions of OPB there were only two partition types for Magneto devices, package and application.  There is now a third type, "download only".  Open the pkgs.lst file included with the ES400 OS files.  You will see that not all of the files are referenced here.  For the files that are referenced in the the pkgs.lst file,use "package" as the partition type.  For all other files use "download only".

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?