Lock/Unlock depending on WLAN connectivity

// Expert user has replied.
S Steffen Pohl 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

Is it possible with MSP 3.3.1 to set up a scenario with conditions and settings where a device gets locked as soon as it loses the WLAN connection and gets unlocked immediately after the connection is back? Or what would be the best way to implement something like this. Thanks in advance!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

A Allan Herrod

Steffen;

Yes, this is within the capabilities of MSP 3.3.1 using the LockAndWipe Control Module and a variety of Condition Objects. The main difficulty is to decide the right circumstances when you want it to lock and unlock.  For example, it is not always wise to lock immediately due to lack of connectivity since it could cause a lock due to a "dead spot".  Usually, most customers require connectivity to be lost continuously for some reasonable amount of time.  Similarly, most customers require connectivity to be restored continuously for some reasonable amount of time.  In addition, not all customers really want to have completely automatic unlock when connectivity returns, although it is fully possible to do. Most customers doing this have used the Connectivity Condition.  The most common usage is to use the Continuously Unpingable Target to detect loss of connectivity and to use Continuously Pingable Target to detect restoration of connectivity.  Note that the Connectivity Package MUST be deployed to the device before using the Connectivity Condition or it will not work.

S Steffen Pohl

Hi Allan, thanks for your your answer and I have really forgotten to use the Connectivity package. I will try this and see if I can satisfy our customer ;-) Best Regards, Steffen

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?