Dual 3G WAN field switchable

// Expert user has replied.
D Dennis Loong 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Hi Team, Need some advise on how the switch between GSM & CDMA works?  Im preparing for a tender & specifically mentioned to have this feature.  This tender is for public safety service in Malaysia. It was mentioned in our brochure that this dual mode works around the world, but I would like to confirm if CDMA works when switch to CDMA network in Malaysia?  Any input is very much appreciated

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

G Gene Niles

see SPR 19694 on the how the switching is done on the es400. I would think this done the same way on the mc65. This assumes you have carrier plans for each mode.

T Thomas Cassar

Many GSM carriers are supported via the device's generic PTCRB/GCF approval. CDMA carriers typically require their own approvals. Additional carrier approval requests should go through the Custom Products Request (CPR) process. Note that these approvals are typically costly and resource intensive, so the CPR needs a substantial business case to support it.

T Thomas Cassar

You need to factor in carrier network approvals. Currently the only CDMA carrier approved is Verizon.

D Dennis Loong

can you advise on how to work on the carrier network approval?  This is new to me

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?