Simple COM Port Emulation USB driver version 1.8.6

J Justin Nel 3 years 5 months ago
111 4 0

Hello all, I am in need of the COM Port driver version 1.8.6, as 1.8.5 does not support Windows 7. I have searched high and low, and cannot find a link to download, all I can find is this: https://docs.symbol.com/ReleaseNotes/Simple_COM_Port_Emulation_USB_drive... Could somebody please help me out, and show me where I can download the driver from please? Regards, Justin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

S Shannon Yuhnke

JustinN, can you submit the code you used to get this working? I'm working on a Win 7 x64 machine and developing in .NET 4 and have had nothing but problems so far.

A Alex Bailey

I have 1.8.6 but I don't know where it was downloaded from. My scanner supplier emailed it to me. I'm not sure if I can or am permitted to upload it here though. Why is it so hard to get hold of? Anyway from my tests it doesn't seem to work on Win7 64bit and I've been told its only good for 32bit. Come on Motorola, where's 1.8.7 with Win7 64bit support? Its time for a new release!

J Jeff Rizzo

Have you found a download for this? v1.8.5 is not working on windows7.  I need this new version as well.

J Justin Nel

Unfortunately not. I ended up using Microsoft POS.NET which seems to interact perfectly with the devices (hooked up 5 to the same machine, hooked up their scan events, and had a co-worker help me wave barcodes infront of them all - worked very nicely). If you're writing .NET, maybe you should look into using POS.NET as well?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?