ES400S update

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles W Lindley 3 years 5 months ago
1 6 0

My device shows OEM Version 1.20.1919, which seems newer than the 1.20.0020 we are asked to install or am I not looking at the right thing? Also, when I connect the device it opens a wizard and wants software, it can not find it and none came with it, therefore the PC is not communicating with the device, suggestions.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

J Jerry C Leong

Thanks resolved the problem had the files in the wrong folder.

J Jerry C Leong

Has anyone successfully uploaded the newer OS v 1.20.0020?  I was able to get the files downloaded and copied over to the storage card however, when I attempt to go to File Explorer > Storage Card > StartUpdLdr the program starts but can't find the files > "Check Temp Folder" "Can't find PKGS List?" Any suggestions?

C Charles C Fries

I followed the instructions and had no problems.  Note that I do have Activesync loaded on my laptop.  I am gathering from som eof my peers that if you don't, you may be forced to use workarounds that are not actually effective. Chris Fries

G Glenn Sayer

It sounds like your files are not in the right location.  Make sure that all of the files are not in sub directories on the card.

C Charles W Lindley

Ok, I could not get it to move the files, so I copied them to the SD card and verified all 18 were there but when I look for the .exe, it's not shown. Only 7 files show up: OEMSBL.MBN, NPRG7627.HEX, Modem.smb, flash.bin, cefs_modem.mbn, appsboot.mbn, and amss.mbn. But if I remove the card and view the files on my laptop, all 18 files are there. Stumped.

M Marc Fluhrer

Charles: The .20 is a newer build than the .1919. There is a pop up when you connect to a PC, it should ask what type of Sync you want to do. I have left this alone and have been able to ActiveSync just fine. You may have tried this, but to see hidden files, in the File Explorer in a blank area, hold down the stylus and it will bring up a screen to select "Show all Files".

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?