MC75 locking when booting after being for a couple of days in a box

// Expert user has replied.
J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

Did what follows happen to anyone else? I have just been told by a partner. They had to stage 2,000 MC75 before delivering to the customer. Partner first charged batteries using several 4-slot cradles. After 36 hours on the cradle, each terminal was packaged back in its box, with main battery inserted. Once all of the 2,000 MC75 were charged (which took a couple of days), they started staging them. This is when they found the issue: some (up to 10% actually) MC75 would not boot properly, after left on the cradle and having power button pressed. Some got locked when on the orange screen, some other re-rebooted and stuck on splash screen. The only way to make them work back was cold-booting. An not only once, some required two or three cold-boots. A curious thing is that at this point (once working again) both backup and main batteries reported to be almost full (even 5 minutes after removing from the cradle), which was impossible. This behaviour is systematic and consistent on "faulty" units: leaving them with main battery but no external power, for one or two days, reproduces the issue. And, last but not least at all, this only happens with WM6.5. Partner downgraded a known faulty MC75 to WM6.1 and this did not happen. Then, they upgraded back to WM6.5 and problem was there again. All of the 2,000 have been delivered to the end customer, so we can not test any longer.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

I have browsed all of the SPRs for MC75 and the only "similar" -yet not exact- one to your description is 17623. I found at the same time that "my" issue seems to be some sort of Ibiza-Mix of those SPRs, but never matching 100% (I expected 18051 to be, but eventually it was not, since cold boots do not solve the issue): 16819, 17387, 17668, 16410, 17186, 17811, 18513, 17136, 17623, 18051 and 16062. Thanks, Merry Winter and Happy New Solar Cycle!

G Gene Niles

I forget the SPR number but there was an intermittent issue with units locking up on boot up if there was no simm card installed and the WAN radio was one.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?