Barcode support

// Expert user has replied.
C Curtis D McGowan 3 years 5 months ago
0 8 0

What barcode protocols are supported by the ES400?  Is there a need to toggle between them, or are they all supported on each 'read'.   Are addition protocols being added by device updates or add-on applications?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

8 Replies

C Curtis D McGowan

Rob, that leads to my next question.... how do I enable it?  Please email my team member at jill.rabach@sprint.com with instructions.  Much appreciated!

C Charles C Fries

Settings - System - DataWedge

R Robert Galvin

By default Datawedge has the 'typical' barcode symbologies enabled. To change this you would: On the ES400 go into Datawedge and change the Decoders option: 1) Start/Settings/System/Datawedge 2) When datawedge Settings application is loaded click on 'Basic Configuration' 3) Click 'Barcode input' then 'Camera Scanner Driver' then 'Decoders' You should then see a list of symbologies that are supported (have to keep clicking 'More' to see them all). The ones with the checkmark next to them are enabled and will be read by Datawedge. Click into each one to control specific symbology settings and also to enable/disable. If you know the device will only be used for certain types it is recommended that you disable the ones that will not be read in order to improve performance. Similarly, if an application uses our eMDK to control scanning you can also control which symbologies are enabled by using the Symbol.Barcode assembly.

C Curtis D McGowan

Rob:  Thank you for the information- very helpful.  One additional question-- is Datawedge pre-loaded on the ES400, or would the customer need to load the application per the instructions? 

R Robert Galvin

It is preloaded, but I do not believe it is 'enabled' by default.

M Marcus Kurath

Datawedge 3.3 is supported on the ES400...I did not see any restrictions on the barcodes which could be used with the ES400...so if its in DW33--it should decode

C Charles C Fries

It has been my experience so far, that you don't need to change anything to read different barcode formats.  It seems to figure it out by itself. Chris Fries

y yanka ezilo

Go through the topic as it tells us all about Emulator GUI as that was what there are many in need for the first time. All of us are in need of https://topcvwritersuk.com/ that for the first time ever. You still can go through that as it was what we needed for the sake of them in the coming days as well..

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?