MC75 and ES400 differences?

D Daniel A Magiera 3 years 5 months ago
4 7 0

I have a customer interested in the MC75 but not really sure about the ES400.  From everything I've saved in the past few weeks it looks like the ES400 is very similar.  However,  I'm wonder what the major differences are for end users?  I understand size, ruggedness will suffer a little with ES400 but I wondering what else could sway a customer to the  MC75.  They are a beer distributor and they utilize the Intervolve app (www.intervolve.com) for accounting and some backend database programming with some older Symbol devices today.  thoughts??

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

D Daniel A Magiera

I do have a basic comparison that I received a couple weeks back.  I still think we need something more detailed.  I've attached what I have.

M Matt D Valenzuela

Actually Moto provided us a nice chart that should do the trick here.

E Efkan YILMAZ

I've ported several Wal-Mart client applications to the ES400.  What follows are some of my observations. From a programming perspective, the ES400 doesn't support all of the API's in our EMDK.  It does not support any of the Keyboard or Image Capture API's, for example.  This could be a problem if the user's application wants to get/set the status of the "fn" key.  There is a group in ECRT working on adding API's to support this functionality.  You can possibly reach out to Joel Brand for more information on this. It also doesn't provide support for the old Spectrum Radio API's.  You'll need to use the Fusion API's or Zero Config instead.  With the code that I've ported, the Fusion API's from the EMDK work, at least for obtaining radio status (ESSID, MAC Address, Signal Strength, etc.). Some of the API's in the EMDK that it does support may not operate the same as on our other devices.  I ran into this with some of the Trigger API's (part of the Resource group of API's). If code is being ported forward from some of our legacy devices, then care will be required with the screen resolution.  The ES400 is full VGA just like the MC75. The ES400 is also a WM 6.5 device.  The task bar management differs from some of our other WM 6.5 devices (i.e. the MC9190).  On the MC9190, I can place an icon and the user can click on it.  This doesn't work on the ES400. The ES400 also supports a custom Home Screen which isn't too bad either.  Our other devices won't have the same home screen. Now, with all of that being said, I think that the ES400 is the closest we've come to an Enterprise Phone so far.  The voice quality is very good.  I think of the ES400 as a PDA first, wireless scanner second.

M Matt D Valenzuela

I also asked Product Marketing to come up with a comparison doc that can be used externally between the ES400, MC75 and MC65.  I haven't been given a timeline or ETA but was told the request will be considered.  Please reply to this post if you feel this is needed so I can take some responses back to Product and get this going faster.  Thanks.

R Robert Pommerencke

Yes - a comparison is DEFINATELY needed.

C Charles W Lindley

Test the scanning, the MC75 uses a better scan engine compared to the camera / imager on the ES400.

C Charles W Lindley

Test the scanning, the MC75 uses a better scan engine compared to the camera / imager on the ES400.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?