MC75 Connection manager pops up login screen

// Expert user has replied.
B Brian Safran 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

Customer has deployed a large number of MC75 (GPRS, BSP27). They had a custom APN on the unit but recently removed it and are going with standard APN (wap.cingular). On some of their devices, when they try to connect for data, they are prompted with the Connection Manager Login Screen (User Name, PW and Domain). In their configuration these are all blank and they are not prompted for Login. The only way they can connect is to remove the SIMM. Once the SIMM is out, they can put any data into the login screen and replace the SIMM. At that point the can connect. Not sure if this is an AT&T issue having to do with authentication in fringe locations. We are going to run RilDebug Logger to see if we can see anything that does not seem correct. Any ideas?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

H Howard Laser
M Mark Mann

Hi Brian, What happens if you do a clean boot and blank?  Will the standard APN work without removing the SIM?  For some reason I want to say you might have to remove the custom APN via a new XML cab which will remove the custom APN and then call for a new connection using Wap.cingular. Cheers, Mark

B Brian Safran

They did remove the custom APN on all of their devices (Did it via Registry and not XML). It seems to work since most of their devices do not have an issue. This issue is sporadic and not that widespread. Also, the custom APN they had did not have a login or password either. Doing a clean boot/blank will be difficult since these units are deployed in the field and they have minimal IT support to rebuild the image.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

I would reinstall the profile using XML provisioning. I would first try on a "faulty" unit, and if this works, I would deploy on all of them (one never knows). I have a little silly XML installer I can forward to you if you wish. I just installs XML files.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?