Uploading OS v01.20.0020 error

// Expert user has replied.
J Jerry C Leong 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

Has anyone successfully uploaded the newer OS v 1.20.0020?  I was able to get the files downloaded and copied over to the storage card however, when I attempt to go to File Explorer > Storage Card > StartUpdLdr the program starts but can't find the files > "Check Temp Folder" "Can't find PKGS List?" Any suggestions?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Jay C Patel

I just downed the zip file and extracted the contents to the SD card.  With the device off. I pressed the 1, 9, Power button and camera button simultaneously.  The new OS loaded without a problem. 

M Mark Mann

Hi Jerry, StartUpdLdr.exe requires the file pkgs.lst to be with the files you put at the root of the SD card.  If the file is missing then it will not load the OS properly.  Trying pulling the image down again and confirm that this file is there before you try it again. Below are the individual files that are in the pkgs.lst from build (405Bw65XenUL011901)
modem.smb

partition.mbn

FLASH.bin

ELLIS_20100709_V13.1.jbc Cheers, Mark

M Mark W Snyder

I have a Windows 7 laptop and I was able to update the ES400S without a problem using Windows Mobile Device Center. I attached the process I used in case it helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?