GPS Issues & GPS Component Advice

// Expert user has replied.
J Justin Criswell 3 years 5 months ago
13 2 0

I have two related questions about the same customer: 1) the GPS component in their current (home grown) app doesn't work on the ES400 (memory overload).  where can I point the customer to look for pre-written GPS components to integrate into their app? 2) the GPS on the ES400 hasn't worked on the two devices they are testing for bing or visual GPS.  They have set the manual settings per the device user guide, but cannot get the GPS to function.  Are there known issues or considerations with the ES400 GPS functions? Thanks, -Justin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

R Robert Galvin

Justin, A good place to start from an app development point of view is: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb158727.aspx It references the sample code project that comes with the MS 6.5.3 DTK as well as how they can use the FakeGPS utility. The ES400 should behave like any other WinMo product when it comes to GPS integration. When I used VisualGPSce I configured it to use Com6 and that worked ok.   For the second point below, what do you mean that it doesn't work? Does it not receive any data from the GPS receiver or that the data is not 'correct'? I am also assuming that the hardware was actually purchased and not 'samples'?

J Justin Criswell

thanks for the reply!  I'll review the link and provide that to the customer as well. My understanding is that is returning no GPS data, leading the customer to believe that it is a configuration issue.  The device is pre-release ES400 (with moto-branding) flashed with Sprint's firmware.  They were provided to me via Sprint's seeding device pool, so I believe they are identical to ES400S's, sans the outter shell.  I believed that there was not a hardware difference from the pre-release ES400 and the now released ES400S devices.  Am I wrong in that assumption? Thanks, -justin

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?