Staging over GPRS

// Expert user has replied.
B Brad McDonald 3 years 5 months ago
0 5 0

Hello, I can get the settings for GPRS represented in a Staging barcode, but why won't it make the connection to the APN over GPRS?  I have to nail the connection up first, scan barcode.  If there is a reboot during the staging I have to sneak around the RDClient and nail up the connection again before the Staging will complete.  What am I doing wroing here? Thank You Brad

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

A Allan Herrod

Pablo; It is unclear what you statement is trying to convey.  Can yoy ellaborate? Thanks, Allan

P Pablo Moriconi

what I meant is that carrying out installation and commissioning of MSP server is not so simple. To quote a new installation ask me how long you take to install MSP and let set (eg 10 hours, 15, how many?). It is a question that I find it very hard to answer. Depending on what the customer wants and what needs to be set may take more or less. One thing is the installation itself, that if it can be estimated. But carrying out the configuration with the variety of possibilities available, it seems very difficult. I think a way to configure the devices, but in practice I find I have to perform many tests and changes until it works as I want What do you think?

B Brad McDonald

OK.  Well, I see a problem when creating a GPRS setting.  Again the setting gets created, but it doesn't seem like a complete representation according to Windows Mobile 6.1 (BSP35). I scan the Staging barcode with a GPRS, Cingular, Always On.  RDClient sits and spins for the full 32 count down until where it tells me invalid server address.  Following that event, I slip over to Settings, Connections, My ISP.  I select Manage Existing Connections and I immediatly see the WWAN icon flip to H...3G...H..., then tapping on the WWAN icon I see Cingular HSDPA connected.  I then scan my Staging barcode again and voila it starts staging over WWAN.  I have repeated this several times. Its like the event of just touching the Manage Existing Connections shakes something loose in its configuration settings to allow the completion or a finalization of the GPRS settings from the barcode. Any suggestions?!? Thank You Brad

N Nathan Boatwright

Hi I Had the same issue. the key is in the GPRS Setting turn of the Radio first. Thanks Nathan

P Pablo Moriconi

I do not know if it happens to you, but often left running an MSP configuration takes long time.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?