MSP 3.3 File Sets

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

Hello, I have an issue where a customer has 200 x MC75 devices. For the rollout, each device has unique settings for the proxy within the device. I have created 200 x .reg file and created a file set which has these 200 x files and a manifest that assigns each unique .reg file to a unique serial...using identity.serial as the identifier. OK....so my issue is now...how can I get the file onto the device? The only way I have seen is for certificates using the certificates setting in dynamic mode....but is there a way to get a file transferred onto the device dynamically, either via staging or provisioning. My issue seems to be that I have no setting or process to pickup the file and copy to the device...location is unimportant as we can manipulate once on the device.....like some little transfer program loaded on the device, then a settings def doc to dynamically pick the file and then install in a specific directory Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Glenn

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

A Allan Herrod

In MSP 3.3, the ONLY Settings Class that could take a file from a File Set was the Certificate Settings Class.  In MSP 3.3.1, additional Settings Classes were added to be able to utilize files from File Sets.  As mentioned, in your case, the File Settings Class is likely the one to use.  But, of course, you would first have to upgrade to MSP 3.3.1.

S Sandhya Rani Ajjaguttu

HI, We have a file setting which will help us to upload any file onto the device. The file(s) deployed by a File Settings Object are embedded into the BLOB used to deliver the File Settings Object.  There is a maximum limit of 64KB on the size of a BLOB in MSP 3.3.1.  This means that the total size of the files delivered by a single File Settings Object will be less than 64KB. Note: In order to use the file settings the MSP client should be greater than 7.03.38. To create file setting you have to navigate to Library -> Settings -> Create a setting and select file setting in the drop down list of the setting type and in the creation of the setting select the dynamic field for the file set and select your fileset( which should be of size less that 64kb). This solution may solve your problem. Thanks, Sandhya

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?