Voice Picking

// Expert user has replied.
N Nikolaos Mastorakos 3 years 5 months ago
1 5 0

Team, out of your experience, which models of our MC9090G series support voice picking? Customer wants to use MC9090-GF0JBFGA2 WR (Mono, 43-key, CE) with Vocollect but wants to make sure it´s supported. Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

G Glenn Sayer

Most CE devices will not support Voice.  This is because of hardware limitations of the devices.  Most have beepers and not speakers, and most don’t have headset jacks.  Kind of hard to do voice if you can’t get the sound out.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Sorry then; as far as I know, all my customers use voice picking with MC3190. No experience with MC9090. Yet, surfing on the Internet it seems as if there is a specific Vocollect VoiceClient for MC9090. But look at this: http://www.etytec.com/sites/www.etytec.com/files/pdf/100.pdf They specifically say MC9090 must run WM 5 and have colour display, so in principle Mono CE MC9090s seem not being supported. They also say: No WAN All keyboards + All S/G/K BT Audio This reduces the number of SKUs, so when/if SB comes back to life, you will be able to find the right P/N. Unfortunately, as you said, If your customer already has many CE MC9090, the only thing I can think of is testing VoiceClient and see what happens.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Now that SB works again, "your" SKU is 64/64 RAM/Flash, and Vocollect requires 64/128, as per the brochure. The more adequate SKU should be MC9090-GF0HJFFA6WR, but please double check it.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

This is a dangerous scenario: Vocollect now belongs to Intermec, so every buck they get (despite the very terminal it works on) will eventually go to Devil's Vault. Could you not suggest them other voice picking solution? I know a good Portuguese one some of my customers are using on cheaper-and-lighter-than-MC9090 MC3190. I guess its name is Calypso, yet my memory could be tricking me.

N Nikolaos Mastorakos

The question is not about Vocollect. Is about whether the specified model supports voice picking applications. Customer is aware that vocollect is part of Intermec but the installed base is there and needs to be used for voice picking. All that needs to be made clear is if the specified sku is used for voice picking applications.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?