Pop Up Blocker when using ES400 Browser

// Expert user has replied.
M Mark Johnson 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

Got this from Sprint SE: I have a customer that purchased the ES400 but when they attempt to access the application they are using it for it seems a pop-up blocker of some type is preventing it from opening and we can’t seem to figure it out.
The web application is http://www.mromobile.com/ and when trying to access the site on the ES400, the customer is taken to the standard log in site, not the mobile log in site.
Now the customer has told me that he powered down the device for the last week and when booted it up and tried it today it worked (after 3-4 tries). While it ‘seems’ to be working now – he is preparing to roll out a number of these devices and does not want this to impede the deployment. Is this a settings issue? Cookies? …. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure why it aotomatically works without changing any phone settings, which is why the customer is concerned about a multi device rollout. Thanks.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

W William Perryman

Not sure if this is a simular issue but Xata Turnpike told me yesterday their web portal when accessed by a Sprint ES400 to upload their application for install..... " For some reason, our install website does not detect the ES400 browser to determine which file to download. We are working on this" Maybe they have the same issue?

R Robert Galvin

Mark, I was able to change the Settings/View to "Mobile" and load the page to look fine. See attached screen shot. If I changed the IE Settings/View to "Automatic" the page does not look to be the "mobile version" See second attached screen shot. We know of an issue (that I mentioned on yesterdays webinar) about the User Agent string not being properly formatted on the ES400:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Internet Explorer\User Agent]

"CustomBase"="Motorola_ES405B/191 Mozilla/4.0" Should really be (this will be fixed in "pakage 0":

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Internet Explorer\User Agent]

"CustomBase"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.5) Motorola_ES405B_191"

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?