ES400 as a VoWLAN phone

// Expert user has replied.
S Sean Wheatley 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

My customer has a Cisco IP voice/data network and they would be interested in the ES400 if it can perform well as a VoWLAN phone. The obvious advantage is that the ES400 can do more than just be a VoWLAN phone ie. run the branch stock management application.   Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations of a suitable soft phone client that will allow the ES400 to run work just like a Cisco wireless phone? I assume the protocol is SIP but have requested more information. Any one out there with customers using ES400 on a Cisco voice network? Would like to hear about the experience good or bad and what is supported and what is missing compared to a native Cisco IP phone. rgds,

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

T Thomas Cassar

Reach out to Rakesh Bhatia.  He is the Product Manager for voice solutions. He can discuss the Motorola "Team Phone Client" roadmap and when it will be available on different Motorola devices.

E Efkan YILMAZ

My customer did some tests with some SIP clients including Cisco IP Blue. Th issue they faced with all clients was that the audio always goes through loudspeaker and there is no way to move it to the handset speaker. Per support - this is a known issue but officially we do not support any Voip clients in RevA image and this support will be added in future releases.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?