QVGA vs VGA programming

K Kenneth Haley 3 years 5 months ago
5 3 0

As customers are expected to migrate to the Newer MC55A and MC65 products when the MC55 goes EOL, how much impact will the screen resolution cause the customer apps.  I am getting requests from customers on this topic. THey are wondering if there is an easy solution or do their programmers, or their software vendors have to reprogram for the newer resolution? Ken Haley

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

M Marcus Kurath

It really depends on how the program was developed. If the progrem was built with DPI aware code, it could be seamless. I have used the attached information to discuss this with my customers. Keep in mind that introducing WM6.5 (they are probably running WM6.1) can also have implications to the program

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

I have been through this when porting Spanish Post from MC70 to MC75. Application was not DPI aware and there were quite a few graphic icons. Then again, it took just four days for this good partner's programmer to do the job. Yet... the issue I have to cope with now is other. Document capture API is the real missing part on MC65.

E Efkan YILMAZ

The amount of work to port mostly depends on how the application was written.  .Net applications will generally be easier to port and if written properly may not take any additional work.  Applications that use a lot of hard coded coordinates will require some level of rework.  See the doc " Porting Applications to High DPI Displays.doc" at  http://compass.mot-solutions.com/go/ecsg-whitepapers for more info.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?