ES400 19.11 crash when phone on

// Expert user has replied.
H Herbert De Jong 3 years 5 months ago
0 5 0

clarify 2316408 ES400 OEM 19.11  pap/chap 1 day
1)      When the device is connected to the WLAN we have no issues.

2)      If you then enable the phone and press any phone screens you get a “Phone initializing” pop message and then device crashes.

3)      I have placed eMscript onto the device and performed a number of test and it crashes every single time.

4)      We have tried 5 different devices and the results are the same. These have an MFD of November 2010. 5)      My setting are as follows: The settings are in the attached document. However in summary you need to the following:

·         Set the Regional Settings in the device to UK. Restart the device.

·         Make sure that you do not use the "My ISP" as your connection method but you must use "My Work" as your method for using the WAN connection.

·         Make sure that your "Test" connection is present under the "My Work" policy.

·         The device is saying that the SIM card that I have is not valid.

·         I have configured the device with the settings of Name = C&W, Access Point = Tesco, No Username, No Password, Proxy IP Address 192.168.141.23 Port 8080.

·         I have checked the boxes that say "this network connects to the internet" and "this network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet".

ESSID Hidden 802.11b/g

Encryption is WPA2 Enterprise

Authentication is PEAP using MSCHAPV2 Certificate

DHCP and Country Code is UK

6)      Attached are the eMscript logs and we have got the Cable and Wireless              SIM Card provider involved. Paul Hurford captured  KDMP dump logs 

These show MMRIL.dll throwing an access violation - So an issue here.

I have seen  the issue that TA reports.  When the phone is on it reports as connected, but then after around 60 seconds displays a message box title is "Phone" with "waiting" as the text - As far as I can tell its cprog.exe that displays this dialog.  It does a reboot (or appears to)- which does not reboot and leaves the device requiring a 1-9-Pwr.

can  someone have a look

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

H Herbert De Jong

we seem to have resolved this with Fusion_3201_ECRT_003B.cab.pkg from SPR  19969 Which in itself is unexplainable but maybe the Cisco WLAN was the cause afterall.

D David Meyer

Doesn't make sense based on where the crash was, but if the issue shows up again and is repeatable, you can open the SPR.

D David Meyer

It sounds like this is an issue that can be reproduced, so it should probably be an SPR.  Is it possible to narrow down the steps a little?  For instance, do you really need to set regional settings?  Do you need WiFi connected, etc.?  If you can try and reproduce the problem and eliminate some of those steps that would be helpful. Dave

H Herbert De Jong

it can only be reproduced onsite or in UK office where the simcard is active we tried with similar setup here in support but were not able to see anything like this. it will crash with either Wlan on and then turning on Phone  or with Wlan off and then turning on phone. asked Paul to enable rillog as well he will test tomorrow. he also asked for retail message enabled build for  19.11 pap/chap f somebody can analyse the KDMP logs or have other suggestions that would help already. as always this is urgent

D David Meyer

Since this appears to be a crash related to WAN, this would have to go to IAC.  Yyou should open the SPR for this so the program management team can engage IAC.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?