CS3070 bluetooth hesitation

// Expert user has replied.
R Richard Didier 3 years 5 months ago
2 6 0

I have a customer using bluetooth serial port profile to connect a CS3070 to a Palm Treo Pro.  The app is receiving data from the scanner fine most of the time but there's a problem about every 4th or 5th scan. He scans a barcode, the scanner will send the first few bytes of data then pause for a second or 2 then send the rest of the data.  Has any one else seen and/or resolved this problem? Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Dave, How does the application know that the scanner has sent all of the barcode data?  Is it on a timer (i.e. wait 1 second after receiving the first byte of data before assuming all data has been sent)?  Or is the application looking for some end of data character/suffix (i.e. "~" character). You're probably best off configuring the CS3000 to send a character/suffix so the application knows that it has received the entire barcode.  My guess is that there is some timing issue and the application is assuming it has received the entire stream of data, but it really hasn't. Ken

R Richard Didier

Version=PAABCS00-003-R00

BT version=TAABCS00-001-R00

SE version=NBRSYPAI

Serial number=10148522500532

Model=CS3070

R Richard Didier

I have had the customer try this with a second device, with the same result as the first.  Does anyone have any other ideas what the problem might be? Thanks

E Efkan YILMAZ

Richard,

I normally use the HID profile to connect to a mobile device but I tried the serial profile with a connection to an ES400 and it was working fine i.e. no delays in the data transfer. I would suspect a problem in the comm queue processing of the Treo but you may be able to avoid this if the customer can switch to the HID connection.

Best Regards,

Ian Hatton

EMS EMEA

R Richard Didier

The customer says that they can not use HID.  They have tryed the CS3070 using SPP on a CN50 and a CN3 with the same results as the Palm Treo Pro.

T Thomas Conticello

Which version of software is running on the CS3070? This information is contained in the SYSINFO.txt file in the Parameters folder.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?