MSP 3.3.1 Install error message

// Expert user has replied.
S Sean Wheatley 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Trying to install MSP 3.3.1 on a native 2003 server machine, it gets past the pre-req checks and begins to install. At step 9 when the MSP server components start to get installed I get the following message. I tried 1 box install, 2 box install but still errors at the same point. "Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact Support personnel. Custom action CA_GetBestAdapterAddress script error - 2147217406,: Line 29, Column 5" Applied latest patches for 2003, uninstalled/reinstalled the Windows installer appplication, rebooted machine, still same error. Anyone seen this before?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

S Sean Wheatley

Yes I thought the same thing, It has 2 NICs but I disabled one and tried again.Same error. I just noticed that the 2003 server is "web" edition not "enterprise" so we are searching for a different box as we speak. Thanks.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Call me silly but... what about disabling both NICs when installing?

A Andrew Knight

The 3.3.1 installer was never tested on 2003 web edition so that could be the cause of the error you encountered. Also, have you tried that installer CD on any other box? Is it possible that you somehow have a bad CD?

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Something unusual about network interface(s) on this server? Especially about MAC addresses? That's because of the description of the error.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?