Did not get proper output from GS1 type barcode

k kels rathod 3 years 4 months ago
320 2 0

Hi,

I am referring barcodeSample sample code and updated below the line in setDecoders() methods for support GS1 type barcode.

config.decoderParams.gs1Databar.enabled = true;
config.decoderParams.gs1DatabarExp.enabled = true;
config.decoderParams.gs1DatabarLim.enabled = true;
scanner.setConfig(config);

I have generated only GS1 type barcode (attached in attachment) and scanning GS1 type barcode ((01)19421123450011(15)991231(10)101234).  When I will scan, it will return only 01194211234500111599123110101234 (attached in attachment). Square brackets are removed automatically. 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Matt Dermody

GS1 barcodes do not actually contain the "(" ")" characters around the AI values, those are just in the human readable portion of the barcode. Its not that the barcode scanner is removing the brackets/parens from the barcode data its that they were never there to begin with.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi, my understanding is that the brackets denote control codes, defined at https://www.gs1.org/sites/default/files/docs/barcodes/GS1_General_Speci…

We have a feature called UDI which can help parse those codes and there is a tutorial for that here: UDI Label Scanning Programmer's Guide - Zebra Technologies Techdocs  and a sample here: UDI Label Scanning - Zebra Technologies Techdocs 

I have not personally used the feature but I hope that helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?