Unable to Scan to hiddenInput Field with EB3 Barcode API

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 3 months ago
1 2 0

Hi there,
i have a MC93 Android scanning device to check if they can replace our outdated MC92 WinCE devices. So far i'm unable to scan with a hidden input text. When i do, after the scan a submit is done without putting the scanned data anywhere.
How do i fix this?
All API calls should be done with the EB 3.0 API.
I'm activating the scanner by calling EB.Barcode.enable({"autoEnter":true});
Using simple input text fields hidden by css display attribute would work, but will cause migration time and efford my product owner is not going to investigate.
I'm a native german speaking guy, so i hope everything is understandable and the tone is as friendly as it is ment to be.
Thank you in advance!
Edit: Disabling "autoEnter" and "autoTab" does not change the input masks behavior.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

D Darryn Campbell

Hi Robert, I had flagged the issue to look at it but you did not give me enough time :) I am glad you have solved the immediate issue.  I suspect the difference was caused by the change in WebView between your CE device and the Android device, they are likely handling hidden fields slightly differently.

R Robert Stueber

after two days of turning around documentation pages and testscanning i got it by mostly try and error here
i disabled auto enter to keep the form after scanning
i implemented a scan callback that checks if there are hidden inputs with no value to put the data in as long there are hidden inputs left having no value
thanks to anyone who did read the thead and tried to find a solution

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?