Image Size

// Expert user has replied.
W Wesley Ty 3 years 5 months ago
2 7 0

Is there anyway possible to control the size of the image being captured with the imager object? On Windows Mobile the size of the image is very small (144 x 176 px- using ES400 3MP camera) and very large on the ET1 (3264 x 2448 8MP back camera), (640x480 front 2MP cam)

How is RhoElements determining the size of the image and is there anyway to control this inside or outside of the RhoElements application?

Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

D Darryn Campbell

Ian,  Document capture will be an extension to the Scanner API for MPA3 devices.  Auto focus e.t.c. will be configurable under RhoElements 2.x though not at first release.

E Efkan YILMAZ

The image should be captured at the same width and height you configure the Image at (imager.width and imager.height), is that not the case?

E Efkan YILMAZ

The image.width and height are only controlling the on-screen viewfinder size - there seems to be no parameters available to set the captured image dimensions.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Thanks Ian, I have raised a backlog item to get this investigated.

L Lei Gong

Is this issue resolved? I'm writing javascript code on a MC65 unit (WM6.5) with RE 2.2.1.13 version installed. I got the same issue.

Thanks

E Efkan YILMAZ

Yes, desiredWidth and desiredHeight parameters are now available at http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/imager
Regards.

E Efkan YILMAZ

I have seen the same issue when testing the camera capture on an ES400. There has to be a method to adjust the resolution of the captured image otherwise the camera capture on WinMo devices will not be usable in practice.  We also need to be able to control the auto-focus setting since it seems to be defaulted to off (infinity) currently and some applications will require it to be enabled e.g for document capture.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?