RD v3.28 required

// Expert user has replied.
I Ian Jobson 3 years 4 months ago
0 1 0

All, I am trying to test the new MC9090 CE image to cope with the screen change (GRRR!!) and have hit a problem with MSP. My customer is using MSP2.9 and part of their build brings the RD client up to 1.9.3. This is now obviously a downgrade from the 3.28 version that is included in the new image and as such is causing some problems. I've tried removing the RD 1.9.3 upgrade from the RD profile and that just seems to completely scr3w the unit!! I've scoured the web for the v3.28 client and can't find it ... can someone please send it to me, and if anyone can explain the logic of including the new version 3 RD client in the new BSP to support the screen change I would be glad to hear it cos once again it looks like we are trying to make things as difficult for our customers as possible!! IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Allan Herrod

You won't find the 3.28 client anywhere as an AirBEAM package intentionally.  That version was ONLY supplied for inclusion in a shipping device. When using a device that ships with that version, you should use an RD profile that does not include an update to RD or AirBEAM.  You should treat such devices when used with MSP 2.9 similarly to the way WM5 devices are treated.  Since WM5 devices CANNOT have their RD or AirBEAM updated, the package list shows NOT loading any RD package and loading the abup9090_l2 package, which does NOT update AirBEAM but rather only activates it as an L2 agent.  The IDENTICAL set of packages shown for the WM5 devices should work fine on any device that ships with the 3.28 client. All devices that ship with the 3.28 client have been backward compatibility tested with MSP 2.9 when used as described above.  Newer 3.x clients are provided with MSP 3.0, but these have NOT been certified as an update for older devices that will continue to be used with MSP 2.9.  You should ONLY update a device that shipped with a 2.x client to a 3.x client if that device will be used with MSP 3.0. If you have updated a device erroneously and need to recover, removing the installed update packages WILL NOT restore it to proper operation.  To recover such a device, you will need to do an OS update back to its factory shipping configuration and then stage it as described above.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?