Windows Mobile language support

// Expert user has replied.
N Nikolaos Mastorakos 3 years 4 months ago
1 3 0

I am looking for information regarding the language support (character display and input) at the OS level for windows mobile. In other words, what are the languages currently supported by our WM devices (again, character display and input)?. For those languages that are not supported do we have a software solution that might be used as an alternative? Large mna´s are often looking either for localized images or software solutions in order to be able to use their application within local language standards, Thanks in advance. Nikos

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

j jeff crosby

Hey Nikos. All of the extra language support are in support.symbol.com device images under the specific Mobile Computer.  They're called "localized images".  Any languages outside of that have to be quoted by the Custom Products group. I had a specific Russian dialect that a customer "needed".  Custom Products hooked me up for a few thousand dollars.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Jeff, just out of curiosity - what is this "specific russian dialect"? (as I'm Russian...) Anyway - Paragon Language Extender can help in many cases, including Russian, Turkish, Greek and many others. They even have support for external keyboards which works with our hardware keyboards (the layout is wrong though). Here is the general link: http://www.penreader.com/pocket-pc/index.html Here is the one for Greek: http://www.penreader.com/pocket-pc/greek/Language_Extender_Greek.html

I Ian Jobson

I've also played with the Paragon software for various language support and it seems to work pretty well but did throw up a few quirks on the MC70. I contacted the manufacturers and they said that they would be able to put our products through a validation process for their software to ensure it works properly and put our terminals on their supported devices list but there was a charge to do this so we didn't proceed any further. IJ

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?