SymbolWWAN.dll support on MC75

// Expert user has replied.
W Wayne Harper 3 years 4 months ago
1 2 0

Hi Team,

We have a very large customer doing an application re-write to suit the MC75. We have provided the new EMDK and received the following feedback. I have pasted the customers email as received. Our concern is not that there is no .NET EMDK - as we are NOT using any .NET-ish things as far as WLAN and WWAN on MC70 currently...

all we do is a P/Invoke to native (ie. not .NET) API contained within SymbolWLAN.dll and SymbolWWAN.dll

the only place where we been encountering any ".NET stuff" was in barcode scanner API only... (which is also important but outside this topic)

So now, my concern is that previously - in E SDK these binaries (the abovementioned two DLLs) where contained within in Symbol.all.arm.CAB

which was in MassDeployment folder of the E SDK... (right?)

but now, alarmingly, in EMDK all we can see in MassDeployment is some Bluetooth thing and there is no trace of Symbol.all.arm.CAB or anything that would resemble in name or content the ...WLAN.dll and ...WWAN.dll things...

So my point/question is:

do we need the updated   SymbolWLAN.dll and SymbolWWAN.dll in order to be able to manage modem / create GPRS/3G connection on MC75 (whatever their new names are...

OR

it is meant to work with existing ones...

??

and

if there is indeed a need (please clarify/confirm) for newer WLAN.dll and WWAN.dll where can we get

them as they do not seem to be within in EMDK...

and, just one extra time (sorry! - both these DLLs have NEVER been ".NET" - they always been native...

and we really do not require .NET ones - all we need the modified native ones (or do we?) that work with MC75 modem... Thanks for any input thoughts. Wayne

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

P Prashanth Kadur

Wayne, I am the lead for SMDK/EMDK products. I am little confused as to what your requirements are.  You are mentioning a few DLLs SymbolWAN.DLL and SymbolWWAN.DLL and they do not exist in EMDK products. Could you please restate exatcly what the customer is looking for?  Is this .NET or C customer? What features are they looking for? Why is there a need for making P/Invoke calls?  To access what? Are you looking for the Symbol.All.Arm.cab in EMDK for C? Thanks. - Prashanth Kadur

S Subramani Jagadeesan

Hi Wayne, The .NET libraries comes up with wrapper dlls (WAN.dll and WWAN.dll) for WLAN and WWAN components present in our devices. These dlls are useful only if we use .NET libraries. If you are looking for C APIs for WLAN and WAN, please refer to "EMDK v2.0 for C". It has nice samples demonstrating capabilities of both WLAN and WAN on our devices. http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k… Let me know if you need anything in specific... Regards, Subbu

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?