MC70 Phone issues - BSP43

// Expert user has replied.
I Ian Jobson 3 years 4 months ago
0 7 0

All, Is anyone experiencing issues with the phone on MC70s (specifically GPS units in my case) running BSP43? I have a customer that seems to be reporting a number of issues around phone not working, applications locking up when calls come in, constant busy tones when calls are attempted, and not able to hear people when they do receive calls. This may well be down to the application and how it is handling the GPRS connection, but obviously it looks to the user like the phone is the root of the issues. Thanks IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

I Ian Jobson

Sanjay, Was that with the latest RIL mentioned on the post above (1.1.2.79) or with the version in BSP 43 (1.1.2.76)? Cheers, IJ

S Sanjay Mishra

Ian,we were working with Client all of June and Early july and RIL

01.01.02.76, RHA 0.33 were available then.and was used. The client was using Truecontext's mforms in batch mode, no data communications over GRRS/Edge network

I Ian Jobson

All, I've upgraded my customer's terminals to the new 1.1.2.79 RIL but if anything it has made the problems worse. Has anyone upgraded terminals to this RIL with BSP 43 and if so has it cleared up any phone problems? Cheers, IJ

j jeff crosby

Ian, also check out the application.  If their app is grabbing for a WWAN data connection while calls are incoming, you will see EXACTLY what is described in your post. Their app should be able to monitor voice activity (incoming/outgoing calls) and suspend WWAN data until the call is done.

I Ian Jobson

Thanks for that Jeff. Do you know whether the MC70 is just using the standard Windows phone APIs etc to control calls or are we doing anything special on top? The people who have written the app claim that their app will handle the data connection fine if we are just using the standard Windows implementation of the phone. Cheers IJ

S Sanjay Mishra

I have had similar issues with a client on phone/voice quality of the MC70 BSP43 with current RIL. NO GPS installed. Client unable to hear voice calls, while on a call if second call rings, first is dropped, outgoing calls very intermittent. Customer is a security company and tried "waist management" using only one device. Unfortunately the phone on the MC70 is totally UNUSABLE for the client that they now have a regualr cell phone for voice.

H Herbert De Jong

MC70 GPS unit will have Release 3 modem check under Phone Info  3.010  modem version To resolve no sound on Phone calls you definetly need the RIL 1.1.2.79 from Betazone on top of OEM 5.43.
For Release 3 modems we have since JUNE 2008 a beta RIL available version 1.1.2.79.

See http://devzone.symbol.com/betazone.cfm? under MC70

MC 70X4 - WM 5.0 - MC70X4 with Rel3 modem and OEM 5.43.01 or older disables voice call tone and audio if a call is made from the device - SPR 15300

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?