MC75 - HSDPA Connection Speed

// Expert user has replied.
H Harry Banias 3 years 4 months ago
2 3 0

Team, When the MC75 first powered on (or warm booted for that matter) it takes about 2+ mins for the 3G (HSDPA) to register to the network. I've been told to add the following Reg entry (which apparently brings the conection down to about 20secs) but it hasn't helped. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL\Configurations\GSM_HC25]

"EnableFastRegistrationMode"=dword:1Has nnyone seen this and have a fix for it? (I also tried Warm booting, cold booting and clean booting teh device after this entry was merged). Appreciate your help as this is now holding up our order. ThanksHarry

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

F Francis Bernard

On the other devices that are much quicker, is it possible to do the following? 1 - Make an outgoing phone call as soon as the device is ready. 2 - Receive an incoming phone call as soon as the device is ready. 3 - Access the sim contacts as soon as the phone is ready. Please provide the answers to the above questions. Frank

F Francis Bernard

Who is the carrier that is being used?  Please enable RIL logging with the following reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RIL\Configurations\GSM_HC25] ; Disable logging to file "DisableDebugFile"=dword:0 Please capture the log from a boot and send the file to me to analyze. Frank

S Stephen Vye

I am using Vodafone New Zealand and have the same issue (actually around 3 and a half minutes after a warm boot before I get the Network connection). I'll also start RIL logging. Steve Vye

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?