Com Port Emulation and Suffix

T Thomas Erskine 3 years 4 months ago
0 4 0

I am trying to use an LS4278 with simple com port emulation. All our applications use a standard suffix with CR LF. If the scanner is set as USB keyboard wedge everything works ok. If I enable simple com port emulation, the CR LF is no longer transmitted. I have also tried sending the enter key via ADF. Other keystrokes can be sent without a problem. Has anyone came across this problem before?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

J Joern Franke

Hi again, your so right! The old pdf contains the configuration of CR as suffix. I have corrected the config sheet with an ADF-Rule. This works fine now! Try again the www.identware.de/html/download/Identwerk_Cfg_LS42x8_CRLF.pdf and forget the software changes. :-)

T Thomas Erskine

Thanks Joern, that's exactly what I was looking for. I didn't realise you could send via ASCII.

J Joern Franke

Hi Thomas, try the config sheet under www.identware.de/html/download/Identwerk_Cfg_LS42x8_CRLF.pdf  to set the suffix to CR when using USB/COM. Hope this will help. Joern

T Thomas Erskine

Thanks Joern, That sends a CR as you suggest, I'll just need to change my software just to check for CR rather than CRLF. All the other suffixes seem to work except 7013. I've used that suffix with RS232 scanners for years and never had a problem. Can only think that it must be a issue with the simple Com drivers.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?