Issue with Symscript, could not find the script file \Application\Script.spt

N Nick Zeleznock 3 years 4 months ago
2 6 0

Is anyone else seeing this issue with the support provided Symscript cab file?  After installing Symscript and warm-booting, I get an error message "SymScript could not find the script file \Application\Script.spt".   Seems like after this mem maps or process list may not be generated.Any thoughts.  that spt file doesn't seem to exist

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

N Nick Zeleznock

I was using 3.14.10

E Efkan YILMAZ

It sounds like they may have hit "auto-start script on startup" in the UI by accident. When you open Symscript and click "Run a Script" the default script in the text box will say "\application\script.spt".  If you then click "Auto-start script on startup" it will take what is in this text box and create a shortcut in \windows\startup along with a .cpy file in application.  On the next boot it will try to load this script but it will not be there. I have not seen this by just loading the default cab so I suspect they hit it by accident. John

N Nick Zeleznock

Sounds like a good possibility that it may be the issue.I will check with the partner. Thanks Nick

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello Nick, Does the script actual exist? - Can you see it with file explorer?  If so what happens when you click in it?  SyMScript will assoicate .spt files with SymScriptxx.exe SymScript must be running to get the message - It tries (10) several times to open the script with a delay (1 second) between retries - in case you are running from an SD card. If you are sure the script is present on the terminal, I can add some debug to get the actual OS error as to why it thinks the file is not present. The message indicates that the script was not present on the terminal

N Nick Zeleznock

That is the problem that script doesn't exist, but I don't know why it is looking for it. The cab creates resoursemonitorv3.spt.  Why would it be looking for script.spt.  I have seen this issue and so has my customer.

E Efkan YILMAZ

It sounds like there may be a shortcut in \windows\startup that references that script for some reason.  What version of the cab file do you have?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?