SymScript and MC 3000 DCP1.7

// Expert user has replied.
P Philippe Piemont 3 years 4 months ago
1 5 0

Hi all, My customer is using Symscript for 2 years to do some automatization from the last BSP installed (DCP1.7) The following command doesn't return anything anymore.
SetVar String MACAddrTotal=GetMACAddress()

Variable MACAddrTotal ==> returns a null value instead of the mac address.

Has someone experienced that.
Thank you Philippe

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

M Milan Riha

Philippe, Please see SPR15949. The symscript doesnt report mac address. Paul modified Symscript to report mac address on Fusion 2.55, I have only version for WM (see attached). Ask Paul and he will modify the symscript for CE (Fusion 2.55). Milan

E Efkan YILMAZ

Philippe I post the latest versions to http://compass.mot.com/go/280644427 3.14.16 is the latest - Most of the changes are related to Fusion commands. If you have issues you can enable debug - this will give me some feedback as to where the error is.

R Robert Caporino

If you are trying to get the radio MAC before association you may see an issue. DCP 1.7 has fusion version  2.55.1.0.010R; which has a known issue with the mac address not being populated until the device is associated to an AP.

P Philippe Piemont

Thank you Rob, sounds like a very interesting track. I will investigate Have a great day Philippe

C Christopher Sather

Try specifying the adapter in your Symscript call:SetVar String   strRadio = "PCCARD\PHOTON1"  SetVar String     strMAC = GetMACAddress(strRadio)

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?