network drop while initiating Wavelink telnet client

// Expert user has replied.
S Sanjay Mishra 3 years 4 months ago
2 5 0

I have a major client that uses MK2290 as a price checker using 802.11 connection and Wavelink telnet client. Network connection is fine except when initiating Wavelink Telnet client, device drops network connection  and only way to bring it back up is ton poewr cysle the device. Client has tested this with the current fusion update, and in 802.11a and b/g environments as well. Client is running Cisco infrastructure with DTIM value set to 10 here are clients observation: "Before Wavelink launches, the device will connect and function perfectly fine, but when Wavelink attempts a connection to the server, that’s when the disconnect problem occurs" Has anyone encounntered similar situations and is there a fix for this?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

M Mark Mann

Hi Dan, If the emulation is 5250 base then there are some optimization parameters that should be set on the Host System (usually an AS400 system).  Below are some of the optimizations that need to get set.  Also the device may require to have a specific workstation ID setup on the client via the Wavelink Setting as well as on the AS400 (defined workstation id and number of session it supports).  Lastly, are you able to conenct and get a login or menu screen or does it just connect and then disconnect?  You may have to place a sniffer on the Host side to confirm if the AS400 is sending the disconnect.
Modifying AS/400 for

Spectrum24

There are four parameters that may need to be modified on your system to provide the

desired wireless terminal functionality. Change these parameters as described here if

experiencing unexplained Telnet session disconnections after a terminal has fallen

asleep. These parameter are:

• TCP Keep Alive

• ARP Cache Timeout

• Session keep alive timeout

• Inactive job time-out

To modify TCP keep alive:

1. At the command line, enter CHGTCPA (Change TCP/IP Attributes) and .

2. Modify the TCP keep alive (TCPKEEPALV) so that it is 120 min. or higher.

3. Press ENTER to save changes.

To modify ARP cache timeout:

1. At the command line, enter CHGTCPA (Change TCP/IP Attributes) and .

2. Change the ARP cache timeout (to 720 min. (12 hr.) or 1440 min. (24 hr.).

To modify Session keep alive timeout:

1. At the command line, enter CHGTELNA (Change Telnet Attributes) and .

2. Change the Session keep alive timeout (TIMMRKTIMO) to a minimum of 1800

seconds (30 min.) to a maximum of no timeout. Enter zero for no timeout.

To modify Inactive job time-out:

1. At the command line, enter WRKSYSVAL (Work System Value) and .

2. Change the Inactive job time-out (QINACTITV) to a minimum of 60 minutes to a

maximum of no time-out. Enter *NONE to disable checks for inactive interactive

jobs.

Sincerely, Mark Mann

E Efkan YILMAZ

Thanks Mark, Everything is actually working fine with my customer. Sanjay was the original poster, I'm just letting him know what configuration I have out there that is working OK.

E Efkan YILMAZ

I have a large customer using the Wavelink Telnet client on MK2290s and they are not reporting this issue. I don't think that they have changed the DTIM to 10, but they are running Cisco APs. They are running the version of Wavelink that came out for the MK12XX, because the one for the MK22XX was not available when they rolled out. Wavelink version is 6.1.33. They have some units with the updated Fusion, and some without. they are not seeing this problem on either version of Fusion.

S Sanjay Mishra

What encryption/authentication is your client using and are they connecting directly to Telnet server or are they using TermProxy? In my case client is using WPA/TKIP and clients try to connect directly to Telnet server.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Customer is using WPA2, connecting directly to IBM 5291-1 host. They do not use TermProxy. They also have a session keepalive key set up in Wavelink so that they don't log out of their session. They have that set to transmit every 800 seconds.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?