Case 1771410 - MC9060 - HOW TO SAVE WIRELESS ETHERNET SETTING TO INTERNET INSTEAD OF WORK

// Expert user has replied.
K Kenneth Ryan 3 years 4 months ago
4 1 0

1.  11/7/2008 10:55 AM 2.  3 Day 3.  MC9090 PPC2003 4.  Plat ID 90xxwPlat040300c 5.  Case 1771410 Customer is running into issue where in Start->Settings->Connections->Wireless Internet they cannot set this to Internet, the terminal always saves it as Work. Attempts to change this from a Cold Boot on my unit have failed.  I was not able to save Internet.  RemCapture detected no change.  I went into Start->Settings->Connections->Connections and set My ISP, My ISP under Advanced->Select Networks, but in Start->Settings->Connections->Wireless Internet setting was still Work.  Remcapture detected following changes: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ConnMgr\Providers\{EF097F4C-DC4B-4c98-8FF6-AEF805DC0E8E}\null-corp-{18AD9FBD-F716-ACB6-FD8A-1965DB95B814}] "Proxy" = "new-corp:1118" Trying to deploy this setting to a registry file, and then cold booting, it will not persist.  After cold booting, you also cannot set Start->Settings->Connections->Wireless Internet to Internet anymore without the above procedure. Question is 2 fold: Why cant this setting be set to Internet without all this workaround? Is there any way to persist this setting? Thank you.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

G George Dellaratta

There is no supported way to persist these settings.  I've heard of hacks from the field which do this, but none of these are supported.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?