Issue Uninstalling RFMS

// Expert user has replied.
C Chris Devereux 3 years 4 months ago
0 4 0

All, I'm trying to upgrade my RFMS install from beta to released version but I keep getting told that I can't install unless the RFMS process is stopped.  I've done everything I can think of to stop it running including: 1. Using the STOP RFMS Server .exe 2. Checking for running processes (nothing obvious) 3. Checking for auto-started services (nothing obvious) 4. Deleting the entire RFMS folder and files ..but it still tells me it's running! Any advice welcome! Thanks, Chris

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

R Rahul Ganju

Which version of RFMS have you tried to upgrade - PL. provide version info. FYI- One of the keyrequirements for software upgrade is to have transition from one version toother version without loosing any data. Installable has the capabilityto backup all the required data from RFMS 3.0 first and shall be able torestore the data in RFMS 3.1 smoothly. Upgrade is capable of handling any error scenarios and is able to revert to olderstate without loosing the data.   In addition to allowing theuser to install the software on an existing RFMS installation, users are alsocapable of installing RFMS 3.1 on a brand new machine.Some key limitations-

Installation shall be tested for migration only from the released version of RFMS 3.0
Installation DOES NOT allow users to migrate the data from an interim build of RFMS v3.1 to another interim/final build
RFMS 3.0 backup SHOULD NOT be copied and retrieved onto a newly installed RFMS 3.1. This scenario is not supported currently.

R Raymond Clounch

Chris, Verify that the Apache.exe and java.exe are not running in the service tab. I have seen both of these hang form time to time.

C Chris Devereux

Thanks Ray, I checked, but neither are running as processes or services. Chris

G Glenn Sayer

When I upgraded I had to uninstall RFMS and then make sure you delete the Motorola folder and all associated files.  Once this is done the install should be good to go.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?